Here is a great 20-minute ab workout that can be done at home or in the gym!
► 7-Day Six Pack Program: https://bbcom.me/3ssvjp1
► Try Our BodyFit Training Programs: https://bbcom.me/3kfLjry
► Shop Bodybuilding Signature Supplements: https://bbcom.me/3dyfx7w
► Subscribe: http://bit.ly/2DK5lGD
The major benefit of an equipment-free ab workout is that you can do it anywhere. The downside is that it's far more difficult to increase the overload without weights. But if this is the best fit for you, don't let that obstacle scare you away!
After four weeks of making progress by completing more reps, you'll have to choose a more difficult variation of the exercise, or a more difficult bodyweight exercise altogether. That way, you can start over at about 20 reps.
An alternate way to adjust overload is to reduce your rest periods between sets. You can also use rest intervals to adjust the basic workout if it's too easy or difficult when you first begin. So, if this program is too easy, shorten the timed rest intervals. If it's too hard, lengthen them. You can also add some cheap workout accessories, like bands, medicine balls, or an ab roller, to keep this plan progressing over the long term.
| Anywhere Abs Upper-Ab Workout |
1. V-Up: 3 sets, 20 reps (rest 30 sec. )
2. Toe Touch: 3 sets, 20 reps (rest 30 sec. )
3. Knees Tucked Crunch: 3 sets, 20 reps (rest 30 sec. )
4. Alternating Heel-Touch: 3 sets, 20 reps (alternating, 10 reps per side, rest 30 sec.)
Key Points to Remember
• Adjust the exercises and load so that you reach muscle failure by the target rep. Try to nail this down during your first workout.
• Log everything! That means sets, reps, extra weight (if you use any), and even rest periods.
• Strive to make small, incremental gains each week. Doing 4 sets instead of 3, 20 reps instead of 18, resting 30 seconds instead of 45—they all count!
• Rest 1 minute between exercises.
• Beginners can do 3 sets of 3 exercises. Advanced trainees should add the fourth exercise and do all 4 sets.
• If you have access to small weights or other weighted objects you can hold, use them in the exercise substitutions. An ab roller is also a cheap, incredibly effective tool to have around when you're chasing six-pack abs.
| Time Stamps |
00:00 - Intro
00:35 - V-Up
05:30 - Toe Touch
09:55 - Knees Tucked Crunch
14:21 - Alternating Heel-Touch
| Follow Us |
► YouTube: http://bit.ly/1RSJFa4
► Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1lomhpr
► Instagram: http://bit.ly/1LzBxab
► Twitter: http://bit.ly/1RSJQlL
► Google+: http://bit.ly/1NRe8qu
► Pinterest: http://bit.ly/1OOZgY4
► Spotify: http://spoti.fi/1NRebm0
We are Bodybuilding.com. Your transformation is our passion. We are your personal trainer, your nutritionist, your supplement expert, your lifting partner, your support group. We provide the technology, tools and products you need to burn fat, build muscle and become your best self.